Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Exploring Atlanta Through Food & Photography

It's about 43 degrees F in Atlanta, with a wind chill factor of like 18, it's freaking cold out. I'm sitting in my car waiting for my couple to arrive for their engagement session in the Westside Provison District;  I've only heard great thing about this location but never been. So I was totally excited that my bride selected this area for their engagement session. I arrived early enough to scout the area and decide on where I wanted to shoot.  As I completed my thoughts and mapped out a plan, I noticed that the parking lot was pretty active, people coming and going on a constant rotation.  Where is everyone going?? Perhaps a coffee shop?  It's extremely cold out and all I wanted was to wrap both frigid palm around a fat mug of something steamy and sweet. I mean, what else could it be, right?

Wrong! Ice cream honey, these people are getting ice cream. There has to be something really great about this ice cream for people leave their warm beds to have a scoop or two at Jeni's. My shoot went on for about 2.5 hours, it was beautiful and I had such great time with Traneisha & Quantrell, but I was dreaming about that ice-cream! I know,  I am such a foodieeee, but I haven't had a real treat in months due to my restrictive diet  As soon as the shoot wrapped, I walked over to Jeni's and the smell, oh the smell, just made you forget all about that brutal cold weather. The warm scent of sugary waffles cones being made,completely took over and there you are, in gourmet creamery heaven. The flavor combination aren't familiar ice cream favors at all, they very unique. When's the last time you've had reisling, lavender, or even goat cheese in your ice cream?  I was offered several tastings, and i went for the non dairy sorbets first, but the other flavors were so intriguing so I had to entertain in inquiring taste buds. Salty caramel, wild berry lavender, black currant lambic sorbet, were just a few flavors that I tasted, and all were amazing. I ended up with a beautiful pairing of goat cheese with red cherries & salty caramel and it was the most creamiest flavorful ice cream I've ever had.  Oh and photos from Traneisha & Q's engagement session will be coming soon ;)






No comments: