Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Welcome to Atlanta | The Biltmore

If you don't know anything about me at all, there's one sure thing that stands out that everyone seems to pick up on. I'm from New York. Apparently, I have an accent that any Georgia native can identify and before I can complete my sentence, they're already smiling with the anticipation of the question that I hear about twice a day "Where are you from?"

Before moving to Atlanta, I worked as a wedding photographer in New York and had my head in deep researching all things weddings, and discovering venues that I'd love to photograph. One day I received an inquire from an Atlantan bride getting married at The Biltmore and I had no idea what that was. I think I even asked her "What part of New York is that?" Needless to say, she continued her own search elsewhere. But I became very intrigued at this point to take a look at this Biltmore place, and I loved everything about the colonial revival architecture that functions as a hotel, residential apartments and a gorgeous ballroom. 

Fast forward to May 2013, one year after moving to Atlanta, a fellow wedding photographer asked me to join her team for a day to photograph the amazing details of this wedding, and it just so happened to be at The Biltmore! My first wedding here in Atlanta and I'm in wedding photography bliss. What a wonderful way to relaunch my career here in Atlanta, hence the title of this post "Welcome to Atlanta!"
Enjoy!
 

No comments: