Wednesday, April 30, 2014

It's Our Anniversary!

We just celebrated 6 amazing years of marriage together. I hate to sound corny or cliche, but here goes: I am 101% certain that I married my soul mate, and look forward to a lifetime with my husband. My wedding day also marks the day I decided that I wanted to work in the wedding industry as a wedding photographer. It may seem a little strange for a bride to have thoughts of a career change during her wedding, but the little light bulb went off in my head on this day, and I am so glad it did.

 Disclaimer: I have no complaints at all about the company that I chose to document my day, it is what it is. When I searched for my very own wedding photographer, I simply made a choice based on strong recommendations and a decent or basic portfolio. I knew nothing about the photographers that documented my day, we never had a conversation, I don't think they spoke one word to me on my wedding day at all, and I don't even think they knew my name! How impersonal! Although I don't have any complaints, there's a part of me that feels as though I missed out on an opportunity to get what I really wanted from my photographer. It actually wasn't until month after my wedding, I found the wedding photographer that I would have LOVED to spend the day with. Hey, there's always a chance for vow renewals, right?

 My conclusion, spend a little time getting to know the people that are a part of your wedding day team. The people that help tie everything together. Why? Because as much as this day is about you and your future spouse. The people that document your day should care about all the little aspects and details because they were selected by you. When your wedding day is 1 week, 1 month, or 6 years in the past, you will see that you will view your wedding day in the eyes of the person that captured it.

No comments: